A sophisticated French monthly founded in 1921 in Paris by Max Brunhes, that used the best photographers of the time to present the haute couture collections in its pages. The magazine’s main photographer from 1934 was Philippe Portier: he was the first to take photographs of clothes in the street, historical buildings, castles, or luxury hotels. At the start of the war and the Nazi occupation, the magazine interrupted publication until 1941, when it restarted with the collaboration of the couturier Lucien Lelong. In the 1950s, it added a column dedicated to fabrics and to the trends being followed by the great maisons, from Rodier and Ducharne to Bianchini Férrier, and sections were introduced dedicated to beauty, a horoscope, and news items. Since 1971 the magazine has been edited by a company: l’Officiel de la Couture.