Men’s shoe company founded in Cerreto Guidi (Florence) in 1923 by Giulio Brotini, who was descended from a family of craftsmen that had worked for the court of the Grand Duke of Tuscany in the 19th century. From 1946 it was managed by his son Luciano. It soon developed into a small business, but without abandoning its craftsmen’s traditions. It took the present name of Pakerson in 1958. In 1964 it won the Oscar for the best footwear for export. The family continuity of the company is ensured by Antonio and Andrea Brotini, trusty custodians of an exclusive, high-quality craft.
&Quad;2003. Announcement of the opening of two shops in Russia, in Moscow and St Petersburg. Contract for a line of footwear with the designer Valentin Yudashkin. Having been one of the biggest promoters of the expansion of Italian footwear in Eastern Europe, Antonio Brotini quit the presidency of ANCI, the Italian association of shoemakers, to take up the top position at the equivalent European association.
&Quad;2003, September. Given the excellent results from the Russian market, two more flagship stores were opened in Almati, Kazakstan and in Kiev, Ukraine. The collaboration with Yudashkin continued with a complete line of footwear, handbags, and women’s accessories for Summer 2004.