Fashion monthly. In 1992 the Musée des Arts Décoratifs of Paris dedicated a historical exhibition to the publication for its 70th anniversary. Founded in 1922 as a supplement to the periodical L’Illustration des Modes. One year later, Condé Nast bought the magazine and changed its name to Le Jardin des Modes. In 1933 the first cover by Hoyningen-Huene opened the era of durable collaborations with significant photographers. After the interruption of publication during the war, it was issued fragmentally until 1947. In 1952, with a new layout and fewer articles, Jardin des Modes was the mouthpiece for ready-to-wear, which was still dawning. In 1954, Hachette took it over. In 1961, it was revived with a new logo and the collaboration of Helmut Newton, who imitated other great photographers (Sieff, Knapp, Horvat). In 1971 the publication was in financail difficulties. The magazine closed down, notwithstanding the efforts of Hélène Lazareff and the France Edition group. The Editions du Henin relaunched it in 1977. In 1979 Boulainvillier International Publication became its new owner and changed the editorial politics with a large format (the new layout was by Milton Glaser) and much news under the direction of Ginette Sainderichin and Alice Morgaine.