Industrie Confezioni Tessili

Established in 1951 by Carlo Compagno. The Venetian based company began with a small artisan’s factory, creating pants and uniforms. During the 1970s it was dedicated to the exclusive production of pants. In the early 1980s, the brothers Marzio and Roberto Compagno took over their father’s role in the company, and launched the Incotex brand. They decided to start a direct retail distribution. Today the company is specialized in the production of high-quality pants for men and women. It is the market leader with an annual production of about 600,000 pieces and a turnover of 35 million Euros in 2002 with an export quota of 48% in the USA, Japan, and Europe. In 2001 the company started growth by focusing on complementary products, similar in taste and with strong brand identity linked to a single product. The first step was the acquisition of Montedoro, an established firm in the Varese area, specialists in raincoats and casual jackets. In 2002 Alberto Biani was appointed creative director of the new woman’s division created at the beginning of the year. In 2003 it acquired the wool factory Zanone, a prestigious company in the Biella area, specialists in high quality products.