Bloomingdale’s

Chain of department stores with 22 locations in 10 states across the U.S. It was established in 1872 by the brothers Lyman and Joseph Bloomingdale on 56th Street in New York City. In 1931, the New York store moved to its present headquarters in the Art Deco building at 59th Street and Lexington Avenue. Starting in the 1960s, the store promoted the sale of imported products, starting with the Casa Bella event for merchandise made in Italy. The big transformation of the store’s image came in the 1970s when Bloomingdale’s went very upscale with the clothing lines offered, presenting brands that were on the cutting edge and embodied the latest trends.